Tuesday, June 8, 2010

being found out

I've been at this job for just shy of a year and even though I'm quite comfortable here I still have an fear of being found out. It's not that I don't do a good job or try to make major improvements in every area I stick my nose in.  Maybe someone will say "Hey you don't really belong here" or "You aren't qualified to do this." It may sound stupid but I think it's a real fear that other people experience.

When I new problem pops its head up at work I google it. That's standard practice in my field but does that mean I don't know what I'm doing? Maybe. I learn from every new situation. I try to teach myself in advance or problems I see coming down the road. Is that enough? Why is it that still after a year I feel like it's building up to one big explosion of inexperience?

Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the middle. I provide support for a good chunk of staff but at the same time I can't actually make a single decision that would benefit them in the end. Part of me is glad that this is where I am. If anything thing really hits the fan the blame, supposedly, won't fall on me. But the other part feels stifled like I can't make a move.

Don't get me wrong I like my job. I just wish I knew more...

No comments:

Post a Comment